Friday, December 25, 2009

Google Similar Images Search and Radiohead's Music Video

While browsing the net, I suddenly became curious of how Google started so I read their history on this page. The page contains the milestones of Google written monthly. The latest milestone that they posted on that page is from July of this year. After that part, the page stated that whatever "innovations" Google's employees are currently doing can be found at Google Labs. I was interested at whatever Google people are inventing nowadays so I clicked the link. In the left corner of the Google Labs homepage, the categories of whatever their doing are listed. I clicked the Search category since I was interested in whatever Google is trying to do with regards to the primary service they offer. I found something very interesting. They developed a search feature where you can search for images that are similar to another image. The feature is called Google Similar Images. If you want to try it (and I will tell you it's cool) click here.

Another thing I found on the Google History page is about Radiohead's music video to their song House of Cards. Google helped them develop a music video using only data instead of cameras. At the end of this post you will find the video of the song House of Cards by Radiohead. Enjoy!



2 comments: